Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
searcher007 searcher007 is offline

Default CARRIAGE RETURN PROBLEMS

My template is set to one line spacing. However, if i need to make a return
the cursor
is jumping 6 lines rather than the preset single line. This only occurs when
I enter a carriage return. If I'm typing text the spacing is single line.
I've tried making new styles among other futile efforts. I suspect a registry
key that controls this function has been corrupted. Any help is very welcomed.
--
Many thanks and sincere gratitude to anyone who takes the time to answer my
query.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Format Paragraph panel for the style of the paragraph, is
Space After (or Space Before) set to any value other than zero?

On Apr 26, 4:15*pm, searcher007
wrote:
My template is set to one line spacing. However, if i need to make a return
the cursor
is jumping 6 lines rather than the preset single line. This only occurs when
I enter a carriage return. If I'm typing text the spacing is single line.
I've tried making new styles among other futile efforts. I suspect a registry
key that controls this function has been corrupted. Any help is very welcomed.
--
Many thanks and sincere gratitude to anyone who takes the time to answer my
query.
Sincerely,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
searcher007 searcher007 is offline

the values are set to 0. thanks for your help. So there is something else
causing this peculiar malfunctioning.

--

wrote:
My template is set to one line spacing. However, if i need to make a return
the cursor
is jumping 6 lines rather than the preset single line. This only occurs when
I enter a carriage return. If I'm typing text the spacing is single line.
I've tried making new styles among other futile efforts. I suspect a registry
key that controls this function has been corrupted. Any help is very welcomed.
--
Many thanks and sincere gratitude to anyone who takes the time to answer my
query.
Sincerely,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Layout tab of page setup, make sure the vertical alignment is set to
Top.

http://word.mvps.org