Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
torajudo

Default Graphic appear in Table of contents

One of our end-users inserted a graphic (an org chart) into her document and
tried to give it the Normal style. But it shows up embedded in her TOC. Any
solutions to correct this?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Make sure that the picture is in a separate paragraph, by using the
Enter key (once or twice, depending on where it is located in the
heading). Then apply a non-heading style (such as Normal) to that
paragraph. Update the TOC, for example by right-clicking it and
choosing "Update Field" from the context menu. If prompted, choose to
update the entire table.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"torajudo" wrote in message
One of our end-users inserted a graphic (an org chart) into her

document and
tried to give it the Normal style. But it shows up embedded in her

TOC. Any
solutions to correct this?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret Aldis

This is probably due to combination of using the Document Map and building
the TOC from outline levels. The Document Map has a nasty habit of setting
outline level 1 on "short" paragraphs. Ctrl-Q on the paragraph may reapply
the vanilla (Body level) style, but the problem is likely to return.
Probably better to edit the TOC (via Options button in TOC dialog) to select
headings by style and not by level.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"torajudo" wrote in message
One of our end-users inserted a graphic (an org chart) into her document
and
tried to give it the Normal style. But it shows up embedded in her TOC.
Any
solutions to correct this?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

And for an existing table of contents, press Alt+F9, delete the \u
switch from the TOC field code, press Alt+F9 again to hide field
codes, and press F9 to update the table of contents.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP