Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathleen Kathleen is offline

Default Form set up question

Is there a way to allow the form user to enter in only certain options? For
example, a choice of 1, 2 or 3? And then have those choices added together
for a total figure? I've been trying to get the drop down box option to work
but so far no luck. Maybe its because one of the choices is n/a?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alborg alborg is offline

Hi Kathleen:

What do you mean that you couldn't get the dropdown to not work? When the
UserForm pops up, simply use the initialize routine to set it up. Do
something like this:

With ComboBox1
.AddItem "D.D.S."
.AddItem "D.O."
.AddItem "M.D."
.AddItem "R.N."
End With

You can also use checkboxes, and assign the result to a variable.

Al

"Kathleen" wrote:

Is there a way to allow the form user to enter in only certain options? For
example, a choice of 1, 2 or 3? And then have those choices added together
for a total figure? I've been trying to get the drop down box option to work
but so far no luck. Maybe its because one of the choices is n/a?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathleen Kathleen is offline

Sorry, I'm a bit confusing at times. In setting up a form, one area has drop
down boxes...there are 17 individual lines that need to be summed at the end
of the form. Its for a performance appraisal. I thought using the drop
down box would keep users from entering anything but the items offered but
now can't get the word form to total the points. The options given in the
drop down box are 1, 5, 3, n/a.

Is there a way to limit what numbes the user enters to 1, 5, 3 or n/a? If
drop down boxes are the best option, is there a way to sum the data chosen
from the 17 drop down boxes?

"Kathleen" wrote:

Is there a way to allow the form user to enter in only certain options? For
example, a choice of 1, 2 or 3? And then have those choices added together
for a total figure? I've been trying to get the drop down box option to work
but so far no luck. Maybe its because one of the choices is n/a?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alborg alborg is offline

Hi Kathleen:

Sorry for the time lapse (it's a very busy week with kids graduating...).

Anyhow, you can call up a macro such as in this example-

'------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub UserForm_Initialize()

.... other code as needed ...

With ComboBox1
.AddItem "1"
.AddItem "5"
.AddItem "3"
End With
End Sub

Private Sub ComboBox5_Change()
Select Case [ComboBox1].Value
Case 1
ii = 1
Case 5
ii = 5
Case 3
ii = 3
Case Else
ii = 0
MsgBox ("Invalid choice. Please choose again."), vbExclamation
End Select
frmYourTestForm.[Combobox1] = ""
If ii 0 Then
... do something ...
End If
End Sub

'------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, togglebuttons placed within a frame will allow the selection of only
one item. See these objects when you have a UserForm on your project window
and you select View- Toolbox then first put on your UserForm the frame
followed by t he togglebuttons.

Cheers,
Al

"Kathleen" wrote:

Is there a way to allow the form user to enter in only certain options? For
example, a choice of 1, 2 or 3? And then have those choices added together
for a total figure? I've been trying to get the drop down box option to work
but so far no luck. Maybe its because one of the choices is n/a?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathleen Kathleen is offline

Thank you...hopefully this will still work once the document is locked and
protected. Thank you for being there to answer!

"Kathleen" wrote:

Is there a way to allow the form user to enter in only certain options? For
example, a choice of 1, 2 or 3? And then have those choices added together
for a total figure? I've been trying to get the drop down box option to work
but so far no luck. Maybe its because one of the choices is n/a?

Form Question Stefan Blom Microsoft Word Help 0 April 1st 08 11:31 AM
form question ah Microsoft Word Help 3 October 10th 07 05:08 AM
Form Question Maddie Microsoft Word Help 1 February 25th 06 03:52 PM
Form Question tiyago Microsoft Word Help 2 December 2nd 05 05:15 PM
Form Question - LoriM Microsoft Word Help 4 December 20th 04 09:59 PM