Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
2373

Default importing data source

i am trying to import a data source from microsoft works 97, but once it is
imported it is all screwed up, it is like a table instead of a database. can
someone please tell me what i am doing wrong, or give me step-by-step
instructions.
thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

What are you trying to do?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"2373" wrote in message
i am trying to import a data source from microsoft works 97, but once it is
imported it is all screwed up, it is like a table instead of a database.
can
someone please tell me what i am doing wrong, or give me step-by-step
instructions.
thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

As requested by JoAnn, much more detail is needed in order to offer any
responsible reply, and "screwed up" tells us nothing.

From what you describe, however, it sounds perfectly normal. Word is *not* a
database program nor is it a part of an 'integrated' package (as is Works).
If you import data into a word doc it hasn't much choice but to display the
data as a series of columns (fields) & rows (records), i.e. a table.

It is also impossible to give you "step-by-step" instruction on how to do
something when you give no indication of what it is you are attempting to
do.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac