Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mcshery mcshery is offline

Default line numbering a Table of content

Dear guys

I want to line number a table of content that I have created. I insert the
text box but 1st how do I put the page numbers in the same line with the
content 2nd how do I make the box disappear to only have page# visible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that you can create line numbering automatically: In the Page Setup
dialog box, click the Layout tab, and then click Line Numbers.

If you want line numbering for just part of the text, you can use typed
numbers in a text box, of course. You would have to use a fixed value for
line spacing (for your numbers and for the numbered text lines) and clear
the top and bottom margins (Format Text Box dialog box, Text box tab).

You can remove the borders of the text box via the Format Text Box dialog
box, Colors and Lines tab.

To display the dialog box, right-click the text box border, and choose
Format Text Box from the context menu.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mcshery" wrote in message
Dear guys

I want to line number a table of content that I have created. I insert the
text box but 1st how do I put the page numbers in the same line with the
content 2nd how do I make the box disappear to only have page# visible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mcshery mcshery is offline

"mcshery" wrote:

Dear guys

I want to line number a table of content written in english that I have copied from another document. when I select the content and go to filepage setup etc finally the page numbers appears on the left side of the content instead of the right side. what should I do?? please help ASAP
?