Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
giop giop is offline

Default Access word document from external app while it is open

Hi

I open a text file with ms word 2003 (i.e. a common txt file) and I need to
edited from ms word which is ok, but I need also in parallel access it by an
external application and I cannot (I get a message permission denied). I
imagine that ms word lock the file. So what I can do to override this
setting? in order to edit the file from another application while the file is
opened in word?

Thank you