Blue Heron

Default I cannot drag or copy. "Microsoft" comes up instead.

If I try to drag a copy, nothing happens, but in small gray capital letters
there is "Microsoft" or "Microsoft. If I copy, the same thing happens. I
tried fixing it by the faq online, and now I get a paint box.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Qmx1ZSBIZXJvbg==?=,

If I try to drag a copy, nothing happens, but in small gray capital letters
there is "Microsoft" or "Microsoft. If I copy, the same thing happens. I
tried fixing it by the faq online, and now I get a paint box.

Version of Word? Version of Windows? To which FAQ are you referring (either a
URL or the exact quote of the text)?

From the description, I'd say you have some kind of third-party, "management"
software interfering with the clipboard. Similar problems have come up in
these groups a few times, in the last couple of months,and it's always been
some non-Microsoft, "managment" software.

If you boot Windows in Safe Mode, does the problem go away while you're in
Safe Mode?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org