CW

Default Specify non-printing text

Is it possible to specify that certain text shall be non-printing?
I want to have some identifiers (descriptions or maybe just numbers) on a
multi-paragraph, multi-use master letter. Each time that the letter is
needed, the user would be told which paragraphs are wanted on this particular
occasion and would edit the master accordingly.
But obviously I do not want the numbers or whatever to show up when the doc
is printed. Is there a way of flagging them as non-printing?
Anne Troy

You can VIEW hidden text and choose not to print it. But it's a machine
setting, so distributing to others requires caution. Format--Font. I like
to make my hidden text red. You could put a paragraph at the top, in red,
that explains about the settings and how if they've printed the document and
see the hidden text...you know...
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com