Kinjalip

Default Word 2003: Change Initials and Numbering Sequence in Comments

Is there a way to keep initials and the numbering sequence off of Comments in
Word 2003. I have clients that do not want their initials and numbers to show
in comments. I have yet to find a way to removed these.

thanks
--
Jeffrey L. Lippard, A+ certified, CHDP certified
CyberTaz

Yessir-

ToolsOptionsSecurity, check the box to 'Remove personal information from
file properties on save'.

HTH |:)

"Kinjalip" wrote:

Is there a way to keep initials and the numbering sequence off of Comments in
Word 2003. I have clients that do not want their initials and numbers to show
in comments. I have yet to find a way to removed these.

thanks
--
Jeffrey L. Lippard, A+ certified, CHDP certified

Kinjalip

CyberTaz, I tried the ToolsOptionsSecurity and checking the box to Remove
personal information then saved it. This did not change anything. From my
understanding outside of a secondary software, this cannot be changed.

Thanks
--

"Kinjalip" wrote:

Is there a way to keep initials and the numbering sequence off of Comments in
Word 2003. I have clients that do not want their initials and numbers to show
in comments. I have yet to find a way to removed these.

thanks
--
Jeffrey L. Lippard, A+ certified, CHDP certified

CyberTaz

I don't know why it isn't working for you. When I save with the check in
place the initials are replaced by the letter "A" (for "Author") & the markup
color changes to blue.

The sequential numbering of the comments is another issue. AFAIK that cannot
be removed by anything Word has to offer. Perhaps it can be handled with VBA,
but I'd be a little leery of any third party software that tampers with a
program at gut level without some very responsible recommendations.
Especially since the enumeration simply indicates the order in which the
comments occur in the document, which is perfectly obvious. The numbers
reveal nothing about the user who inserted it or the chronology of when the
comments were created.

Regards |:)