Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
lismck

Default Document Footers

I have a document where the first page footer is unique, and the next 5 pages
need to be numbered 1 of 5, 2 of 5, and so on. How do I get the first page
to be unique, and then have the pages start numbering on the second page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil

lismck was telling us:
lismck nous racontait que :

I have a document where the first page footer is unique, and the next
5 pages need to be numbered 1 of 5, 2 of 5, and so on. How do I get
the first page to be unique, and then have the pages start numbering
on the second page?

Insert a "Next Page" section break at the bottom of the first page (Insert
Break).

Access the second page footer (View Header and Footer).
From the Header/Footer Toolbar, access the page number format dialog (Click
on the hand pointing at the # on the blank page) and set the current section
2) to start at 1.
Make sure you unlink the current footer (and header if necessary to) from
the previous section by clicking on "Link to Previous" to unselect it (on
the Header/Footer toolbar, the button with two pages linked by a small arrow
going from right to left)
Then insert the following text :
{PAGE} of {SECTIONPAGES}

where the {} are inserted by doing CTRL-F9.
Select the text and hit F9.

You are done!

--
Salut!