Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Default Embedded PDF in Word doc lost when converted to PDF

Hi,

I have a Word document. I have inserted some PDF's as objects (not as links
to pdf). I want to convert this document to PDF, but each time only the icon
is converted and the embedded file is lost. Is there anyway to keep the
embedded files?
Thanks
JT
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Do you have the object inserted as an icon in your document or as a
displayed object? If the latter it should convert. It certainly does with
the Word 2007 plug-in and Acrobat 8. Note that as objects cannot span pages
you cannot produce multi-page PDF objects that are included as part of the
dcument. To do that you would have to create separate PDFs and combine them
in Acrobat.