How do I set up a formula in a table in Word?

Old November 1st 05, 12:12 AM
Kathleen

Default How do I set up a formula in a table in Word?

I'm trying to set up formulas in a table that was created in a Word document.
How do I do this?
Old November 1st 05, 02:10 AM
Greg Maxey

That's like stating I wan to fly a plane. How do I do it. Answer, get in
the cockpit and start operating the controls.

You could start by looking at Word Helpf for "Formula" and then maybe
=(Formula) field.

Basic example. One row x 3 column table. A1 = 1 B1 = 2 in C1 put
{=(a1+b1)} where the { } is field code delimiters the pair is inserted
using CTRL+F9

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Old November 1st 05, 07:49 AM
macropod

Hi Kathleen

Take a look at my Word Field Maths 'tutorial' at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442
That should get you started!

Cheers

news