PowerJunkie PowerJunkie is offline
Junior Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ
Default Footer and header help please!

I've been using Word and MS Office for 25+ years. I am absolutely Table stupid!!

I've searched. I've printed out instructions, went back to my computer to try and fix my tables, headers, footers, page numbers, etc but no luck.

I'm modifying a word document that already has tables, headers and footers.

- As I add paragraphs to my word document it's adding pages. But the auto page numbering at the bottom is not keeping up.

- As I manually try to change the page numbers the headers are changing and I can't manually change them to what I need/want.

- We have a revision page and I need to add a revision ... I believe this is what you'd call a "table"? Anyway, I cant seem to get the columns I need. I try to copy / paste an existing one so I can just go in and modify it but when I paste it, the format of it goes WAY haywire.

I need help. PLEASE! Can I upload my document and someone can take a look (you'll see exactly what I'm talking about) and then tell me what I need to do?? Anyone, yeah??
EDIT: And I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. If I did will mod/admin pls move? I'll look through the forums for it if you move it. Thanks
PowerJunkie PowerJunkie is offline
Junior Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ

Here's a screen shot of the 1st thing I'm trying to do.
Sorry if my terminology is off. I need to insert "cells" (?) to the right here to add the details of my revision "D". I managed to get the cells to the left, you can see it says "D" with the date...
Attached Images

PowerJunkie PowerJunkie is offline
Junior Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ

On this one...

1st page at the top says "CHAPTER 1", 2nd page at the top says "CHAPTER 2".

At the bottom of both pages it says page "2-1".
Each page should be numbered with it's chapter. Example: Chapter 1 has 4 pages so the pages should be numbered 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 and 1-4. Chapter 2 has 3 pages and should be numbered 3-1, 3-2 and 3-3.

When I manually change the page numbers it changes the Chapter titles.

Those boxes that are popped up, I click on them and nothing happens. I get them... each Header and Footer is uniquely numbered to each element (Chapter). I don't know how to change the properties to them or something.
??
Attached Images

PowerJunkie PowerJunkie is offline
Junior Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ

I got the 1st one. Insert cells in the Revision block "D".
I went Insert / Table / Draw. I drew the table I needed.
That one is done.

Now remains the pesky page numbering....

EDIT: I've been searching and trying different things. Oh man, this is rough sauce!! Page numbers and headers. That's it!

Last edited by PowerJunkie : February 20th 20 at 09:59 PM