#1   Report Post  

Default Footer and header help please!

I've been using Word and MS Office for 25+ years. I am absolutely Table stupid!!

I've searched. I've printed out instructions, went back to my computer to try and fix my tables, headers, footers, page numbers, etc but no luck.

I'm modifying a word document that already has tables, headers and footers.

- As I add paragraphs to my word document it's adding pages. But the auto page numbering at the bottom is not keeping up.

- As I manually try to change the page numbers the headers are changing and I can't manually change them to what I need/want.

- We have a revision page and I need to add a revision ... I believe this is what you'd call a "table"? Anyway, I cant seem to get the columns I need. I try to copy / paste an existing one so I can just go in and modify it but when I paste it, the format of it goes WAY haywire.

I need help. PLEASE! Can I upload my document and someone can take a look (you'll see exactly what I'm talking about) and then tell me what I need to do?? Anyone, yeah??
EDIT: And I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. If I did will mod/admin pls move? I'll look through the forums for it if you move it. Thanks
  #2   Report Post  

Here's a screen shot of the 1st thing I'm trying to do.
Sorry if my terminology is off. I need to insert "cells" (?) to the right here to add the details of my revision "D". I managed to get the cells to the left, you can see it says "D" with the date...
Attached Images

#3   Report Post  

On this one...

1st page at the top says "CHAPTER 1", 2nd page at the top says "CHAPTER 2".

At the bottom of both pages it says page "2-1".
Each page should be numbered with it's chapter. Example: Chapter 1 has 4 pages so the pages should be numbered 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 and 1-4. Chapter 2 has 3 pages and should be numbered 3-1, 3-2 and 3-3.

When I manually change the page numbers it changes the Chapter titles.

Those boxes that are popped up, I click on them and nothing happens. I get them... each Header and Footer is uniquely numbered to each element (Chapter). I don't know how to change the properties to them or something.
??
Attached Images

#4   Report Post  

I got the 1st one. Insert cells in the Revision block "D".
I went Insert / Table / Draw. I drew the table I needed.
That one is done.

Now remains the pesky page numbering....

EDIT: I've been searching and trying different things. Oh man, this is rough sauce!! Page numbers and headers. That's it!

Last edited by PowerJunkie : February 20th 20 at 09:59 PM