Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rtrudeau Rtrudeau is offline

Default Why am I losing the merged data on another computer?

I am saving my file containing merged data and copying it onto my flash
drive. For some reason, when I open the file on another computer, all the
names (data) are lost?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Rtrudeau,

Did you actually run the merge and save the results to a new file? Or did you only view the merged data? If it's the latter, it
could be that the path to the data has changed (eg the drive name differs between the PCs).

Cheers

"Rtrudeau" wrote in message ...
I am saving my file containing merged data and copying it onto my flash
drive. For some reason, when I open the file on another computer, all the
names (data) are lost?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rtrudeau Rtrudeau is offline

Hi,

Yes, I did actually save the end results into a new file, twice, which is
why I am confused.

"Rtrudeau" wrote in message ...
I am saving my file containing merged data and copying it onto my flash
drive. For some reason, when I open the file on another computer, all the
names (data) are lost?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Saving a preview of the results (even if you do use SaveAs and give it a
different filename) and executing the merge to a new document and saving
that are two different things. You need to do the latter.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP