Ailish

Default Heading Numbering and Para numbering

Hi

I am using 7 Levels of heading in a complex document, as shown below:

Chapter 1, A, (1), (a), (i), (I), (aa)

I have customised the styles Heading 1 - Heading 7. Each is linked to the
previous heading to restart. This is all working fine.

I also need a paragraph 1.01 which will only restart after each restart in
the Chapter numbering i.e. when I start a new chapter for example chapter 2,
the paragraph starts 2.01 and so on. The other headings have no effect on
the paragraph numbering through out the chapter. It would look something
like this:

Chapter 1 Introduction
1.01 Sample sample sample sample sample sample sample sample sample sample
sample.
A Printing
1.02 Sample sample sample sample sample sample sample sample sample sample
sample sample sample.
1.03 Sample sample sample sample sample sample sample sample sample sample
sample.
(1) Multiple Copies
1.04 Sample sample sample sample sample sample sample sample sample sample
sample sample sample.

Chapter 2 Mailmerge
2.01 Sample sample sample sample sample sample sample sample sample sample
sample.

and so on. I had created a heading 8 for the paragraph so I could connect
the restart of the paragraph numbering to the chapter. But if I put a
paragraph directly after the Chapter heading as in the sample at the top the
next heading i.e. A starts at B.

Help!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Ailish

Ailish

Hi

I had a look around but am also unsure of where the numbering newsgroup is!

Ailish

"JG" wrote:

At the risk of revealing my ignorance, where/how does one find the "Numbering
newsgroup"?

TIA

"Ailish" wrote in message
[...]

Or news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...word.numbering.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you don't get an answer here, try posting in the Numbering

newsgroup.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.