Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
molly

Default Outline Numbering Problems

I have set up outline numbering on a template and linked it to heading 1 so
that when that heading is used my formatting comes up. However, before when I
applied the heading, I could type, hit return and the next number in the list
would appear - now when I hit reutrn my next line of text is returned to the
normal setting. The formats I set up for my numbered lists still generate
successive numbers, but my outlined numbering won't. Is there a setting I'm
missing in styles? Why has this function disappeared? How can I get is back?
Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

If you are using Outline view, by default, you get a paragraph with
the same style when you press ENTER. In Normal and Print Layout views,
however, the style applied to paragraph created by pressing ENTER at
the end of a paragraph, is controlled by the "Style for following
paragraph" setting in the Modify Style dialog box (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html).

Also, make sure that you set up numbering according to the
instructions at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom