Jin

Default caption numbering

Dear All,

This is MS Word question. After I deleted some table in the doc, I did
Update or F9. But the caption number kept unchanged. I did use insert caption
for auto numbering. If I insert a new table, it started with Table 1, and
after F9, the numbers are correct. Please help.

Regards,
Jin
Jean-Guy Marcil

Jin was telling us:
Jin nous racontait que :

Dear All,

This is MS Word question. After I deleted some table in the doc, I did
Update or F9. But the caption number kept unchanged. I did use insert
caption for auto numbering. If I insert a new table, it started with
Table 1, and after F9, the numbers are correct. Please help.

Are you in "Track changes" mode?
IIRC, you have to accept the changes for the numbers to update correctly.

--
Salut!

Word caption numbering

Thank you for the reply. First, I did "accept all" and then F9. It did not do
it right. Then disabled "track changes", and it is still wrong. Now the
result is like the following.

Table 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 24, ..., 144,
146, 147, 149.

I don't see any pattern. (I have that many tables.)

Regards,
Jin