Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sylvain

Default Select Image & Text Box together (Word 2007)

Hello !
I need help to understand how to select an image & a text box together...
It seems not to be possible !?
Or am I too blind to see how ?
Thanks for your answere...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U3lsdmFpbg==?=,

I need help to understand how to select an image & a text box together...
It seems not to be possible !?

Can you describe exactly how you created the image and text box, so that
we're sure we're doing the same thing? And why do you want/need to select
them together?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Sylvain,

In Word 2007, at least in Beta 2, Microsoft seems to have decided to change the behavior of the Word select tool, likely in some relation to the underlying 'Escher 2' Office 2007 graphics engine.

Word doesn't appear able to 'see' inserted pictures in the same way it did previously.

Basically, if you select an item with one 'type' of sizing handles (the 'dots' on the corners) you cannot select another item that has another type of sizing handles. This includes the methods formerly used of Shift+click, using the 'select' arrow and 'lassoing' the objects, or using the 'Select Multiple Objects' tool.

The sizing handle basic types (if I recall correctly) are

- Large translucent sizing handles: Inserted pictures

- Smaller darker sizing handles: shapes/drawing objects
(including text boxes).

- Three dots: SmartArt 2007 graphics

- Corner 'cropping' brackets: MS Office Drawing Canvas

- Black squares: Pictures converted to Word objects and
set to inline with text wrapping.

Be sure to use the 2007 feedback tool to send, directly to the MS Office 2007 Product Team, information on how this might affect your ability/productivity in using Word 2007.

It's possible that I've simply missed an easy 'trick' for doing this, but otherwise, if the behavior isn't changed after the beta then we'll probably need someone to create an add-in or macro solution to regain some of the 2003 graphic manipulation capability.

=========
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS for the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033
b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net