Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Thorman Dan Thorman is offline

Default Removing Blank Lines and End of Line Characters in a Word Table

i have a rather large (237 pages) word table that I am attempting to put into
Excel in order to manipulate it. If i copy/paste into Excel and chose to
maintain the formatting, i can get the table to come very close to
maintaining the correct format in order to manipulate it. The problem i
encounter is that in one column of the table in Word there are multiple
sections per cell that are separated with blank lines or RETURNs Thus,
when i copy/paste into excel, the (for example) 3 sections that should make
up one cell get copied into 3 cells. To fix this problem, i am guessing that
I can simply find/replace these blank lines or endline characters with
spaces, thus turning multiple sections into one. How do I do this?

Thanks in advance for your help! (to further the example, this message is
now split into the two sections that I would like to be able to place in one
cell)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can replace paragraph breaks or line breaks, whichever they are, by
typing ^p or ^l (lowercase L) in the "Find what" box. For other special
characters you can search for, click More in the Replace dialog and click
the button for Special.