Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frank AUstin, Tx Frank AUstin, Tx is offline

Default how do I buy word 97

Can somone tell me where I can buy a copy of Microsoft Word for Win98SE
(Word 97?). I've looked thru thr Microsoft website and spent an hour running
around in circles. If Microsoft is forcing user to upgrade to later os and no
longer supports it for
that reason, does anyone know an computer supply store or such where I can
but it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's an OOOOOOOOOOOOLD version. If you could find it, it would be on
something like eBay and I *never* recommend anyone buy software that way.

If you have Windows 98SE, you could run Office XP. Even tho it's an older
version, you'll probably have a bit easier time locating a copy of that.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Frank AUstin, Tx" Frank AUstin, wrote in
message ...
Can somone tell me where I can buy a copy of Microsoft Word for Win98SE
(Word 97?). I've looked thru thr Microsoft website and spent an hour
running
around in circles. If Microsoft is forcing user to upgrade to later os and
no
longer supports it for
that reason, does anyone know an computer supply store or such where I
can
but it??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And if you need only Word, you can get Word 2002 (which will run on Windows
98SE) as part of Works Suite (see
http://www.microsoft.com/products/wo...s.aspx?pid=001)

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I keep forgetting that. And it's a great way to get Word 2002 at a great
price too.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
And if you need only Word, you can get Word 2002 (which will run on
Windows
98SE) as part of Works Suite (see
http://www.microsoft.com/products/wo...s.aspx?pid=001)

so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Although JoAnn wisely urges caution you can buy legit. copies of Office 97
and 2000 (go for the latter) from rummage sales and eBay. If funds are
limited I see no problem with buying from eBay provided you are aware of the
potential for buying pirate software.