andalucia

Unfortunately Microsoft has made it impossible to ignore it and use something
else. I lived in Ireland for a year, where nothing BUT the ubiquitous
microsoft word was available on office computers. Although I save all my
documents in rtf, upon my return I discovered I CAN'T convert them back to
wordperfect. THEY MUST BE OPENED IN WORD. And now Microsoft has made it
impossible to complain to anyone who can do anything about it. They set up
some discussion group to allow us to vent our spleen, but never accomplish
anything substantive. They don't provide a single way for me to ask a simple
question about how I can convert my documents back to WP, thus forcing me to
use their substandard product. It should be illegal.

"TF" wrote:

Hear! Hear! PLONK.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
: David shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:
:
: I have never come across such an ill thought out, unintuitive or
: illogical piece of software.
:
: Fortunately you have every right in the world to ignore it and use
: something else.
: Likewise people here have every right in the world to ignore *you* and
: read something else.
:
: G'day!
:
: *plonk*
:
: --
: Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.1.2
: If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?
: Please don't thank me in advance. Thank me afterwards if it works or
: hit me in the face if it doesn't. ;-)

Daiya Mitchell

Though I've never used WordPerfect, I'm quite sure that you can tell it to
open RTF documents. I think you are doing something wrong. Try using File

On 9/1/05 10:08 AM, "andalucia" wrote:

Unfortunately Microsoft has made it impossible to ignore it and use something
else. I lived in Ireland for a year, where nothing BUT the ubiquitous
microsoft word was available on office computers. Although I save all my
documents in rtf, upon my return I discovered I CAN'T convert them back to
wordperfect. THEY MUST BE OPENED IN WORD. And now Microsoft has made it
impossible to complain to anyone who can do anything about it. They set up
some discussion group to allow us to vent our spleen, but never accomplish
anything substantive. They don't provide a single way for me to ask a simple
question about how I can convert my documents back to WP, thus forcing me to
use their substandard product. It should be illegal.

Tom Ferguson

Would you please let us know the details of how you are trying to open the
files in Word Perfect and how you save them in Word.

Word will save to Word Perfect 5 for Windows format. Word Perfect will
open Word files. There is something wrong with what you are doing or with
your particular configuration.

We can't help unless we have details.

Consider posting this to the conversion news group.

NEWS://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...rd.conversions

Corel's news groups about Word Perfect are available through their web
site
http://www.corel.com

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...=1047024361372

and by NNTP.
NEWS://cnews.corel.com/corel.WordPerfect12
is for, wait for it, Word Perfect 12.

Microsoft contact information is here.
http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=mscom

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"andalucia" wrote in message
[...]
: "TF" wrote:
:
: Hear! Hear! PLONK.
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: "Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
: ...
: : David shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:
: :
: : I have never come across such an ill thought out, unintuitive or
: : illogical piece of software.
: :
: : Fortunately you have every right in the world to ignore it and use
: : something else.
: : Likewise people here have every right in the world to ignore *you*
and
: : read something else.
: :
: : G'day!
: :
: : *plonk*
: :
: : --
: : Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.1.2
: : If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?
: : Please don't thank me in advance. Thank me afterwards if it works or
: : hit me in the face if it doesn't. ;-)
:
:
:

GR

My version of WordPerfect (10) opens *.rtf files. Yours might too.
GR

"andalucia" wrote in message
Unfortunately Microsoft has made it impossible to ignore it and use
something
else. I lived in Ireland for a year, where nothing BUT the ubiquitous
microsoft word was available on office computers. Although I save all my
documents in rtf, upon my return I discovered I CAN'T convert them back to
wordperfect. THEY MUST BE OPENED IN WORD. And now Microsoft has made it
impossible to complain to anyone who can do anything about it. They set up
some discussion group to allow us to vent our spleen, but never accomplish
anything substantive. They don't provide a single way for me to ask a
simple
question about how I can convert my documents back to WP, thus forcing me
use their substandard product. It should be illegal.

"TF" wrote:

Hear! Hear! PLONK.