Geoff Barrett

Default I would like to page number 6 seperate reports when completed.Can.

I am preparing 6 different reports. When completed I would like to set them
up in a book form and want to page number them.

Can this page numbering be done AFTER all of the reports are finished.

Helped would be appreciated

Geoff Barrett
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?R2VvZmYgQmFycmV0dA==?=,

I am preparing 6 different reports. When completed I would like to set them
up in a book form and want to page number them.

Can this page numbering be done AFTER all of the reports are finished.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, yes, you can insert the page
numbering as a last step.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Geoff Barrett

Cindy,

thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me how I do this - for example I would save all the pages which
would probably be around 50 plus from the 6 seperate reports into one file
and then set the page numbering up. Could you advise please

Geoff

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?R2VvZmYgQmFycmV0dA==?=,

I am preparing 6 different reports. When completed I would like to set them
up in a book form and want to page number them.

Can this page numbering be done AFTER all of the reports are finished.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, yes, you can insert the page
numbering as a last step.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Margaret Aldis

Geoff - if all you want to do is sequentially page number the file, just
open Header and Footer view and use the toolbar button to insert the page
number field.

IMHO it's always worth trialling your final publishing strategy early in the
process - simple page numbering is really not an issue, but there are many
other things that could keep you up to 3am the day before delivery g. You
may find you have other requirements for the combined document - a table of
contents perhaps, or a 'running header' showing which report you are in? If
your reports are being created separately, are they all using the same
styles, or will you find you have to do massive reformatting?

The way you describe this as saving 'pages' I wonder if you are trying to
control the page breaks manually, rather than letting Word flow the text
according to your style rules? If so, you might indeed get some nasty
surprises on trying to add the page number later.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Geoff Barrett" wrote in message
Cindy,

thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me how I do this - for example I would save all the pages
which
would probably be around 50 plus from the 6 seperate reports into one file
and then set the page numbering up. Could you advise please

Geoff

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?R2VvZmYgQmFycmV0dA==?=,

I am preparing 6 different reports. When completed I would like to set
them
up in a book form and want to page number them.

Can this page numbering be done AFTER all of the reports are finished.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, yes, you can insert the page
numbering as a last step.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

How do I get rid of a page number on a Save As\ Text Only doc? Mike Whitehurst Microsoft Word Help 2 March 24th 05 01:17 PM
How do i get rid of a page number on a Save As\ Text Only doc? Mike Whitehurst Microsoft Word Help 0 March 16th 05 01:18 PM
Page Number funnybroad Page Layout 4 March 3rd 05 07:58 AM
Page Number and Page header on the first page Frank Drost Formatting Long Documents 3 March 1st 05 02:17 PM
When insert page number is clicked, the number inserted at page 1. inbetween Page Layout 1 February 19th 05 07:07 AM