Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
T/S 2068

Default PC can't remove Highlighted text with backspace anymore. Correct h

I've had this problem on 2 PC's so far and have never been able to diagnose
what is preventing me from removing highlighted text on a Word Document (2003
edition) by merely pressing the backspace key. Depending on the amount of
text needed to be removed, this can be a VERY tedious operation as I must
hold the backspace key continuously to remove every letter individually.
(Whenever I highlight text by holding the left mouse button and dragging the
cursor over and by then pressing backspace, all that happens is that my text
is no longer highlighted and I go to the beginning of the line.) Solutions
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Tools | Options | Edit | check Typing replaces Selection
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP