Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
benuathanasia benuathanasia is offline

Default invisible lines

I just installed Word 2003 and now, when I'm in print layout view (my
favorite view), these grey lines appear. They don't appear on printed
material, but they are very annoying to look at while typing, it's like note
book paper for the PC or something. How do I make them go away?
I included a link to flickr so you can see a picture of what I'm talking
about.

http://flickr.com/photos/24122199@N08/2449608199/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:59:03 -0700, benuathanasia
wrote:

I just installed Word 2003 and now, when I'm in print layout view (my
favorite view), these grey lines appear. They don't appear on printed
material, but they are very annoying to look at while typing, it's like note
book paper for the PC or something. How do I make them go away?
I included a link to flickr so you can see a picture of what I'm talking
about.

http://flickr.com/photos/24122199@N08/2449608199/

Display the Drawing toolbar. Click Draw Grid. Uncheck the option "Display
gridlines on screen".

That will still leave the corner marks, which are from a different cause. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371 to remove them.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman