SFleming

Default Chemistry symbols

I am using Word XP. I have a large document with Chemistry symbols as text.
I would like to replace the CO2 and have the 2 be subscript. I have tried to
type the CO2 with the 2 subscripted to replace the CO2 but it subscripts the
whole thing. I can also just replace the 2 with a subscript 2 but then I
have to do each one (about 300) individually because I don't want all the 2's
in the document subscripted. I cannot find any Chemistry symbols to use as a
replacement. Thank you for your assistance.
Daiya Mitchell

Create the CO2 in a doc as you want it. Select and Copy it. Then run Find
and Replace and in the Replace box, enter ^c, which stands for "clipboard
contents"

By the way, if you click on More in the F&R dialog, the Special menu gives
you access to many more options, including Clipboard Contents.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

hennie

There is an easy way of doing subscript and superscript. first add to
your toolbar the two buttons you will find in customising your
toolbar.

All you have to do then is to highlight the 2 in CO2 and click on the
subscript button.

Hennie