Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trevauk Trevauk is offline

Default How do i join multiple documents into 1 single document

I have several word documents that i would like to join together to form 1
single word document.
Is there an easy way of doing this, like in Adobe Acrobat, without having to
copy and paste everything.
I am using Word 2007.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

On Menu
Insert
File (in dropdown list)
Select file to insert

You may have a formating issues such as auto numbering - it depends on how
all your files are set up individually. Are there section breaks required?
Does autonumbering continue etc.

www.docsliveonline.com

"Trevauk" wrote in message
I have several word documents that i would like to join together to form 1
single word document.
Is there an easy way of doing this, like in Adobe Acrobat, without having
copy and paste everything.
I am using Word 2007.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The short answer is that you cannot do this as you can in Acrobat. Much
depends on what is in the documents and whether they are based on the same
template - you could use includetext fields, or you could try the boiler.dot
add-in which you can download from my web site.

Trevauk wrote:
I have several word documents that i would like to join together to
form 1 single word document.
Is there an easy way of doing this, like in Adobe Acrobat, without
having to copy and paste everything.
I am using Word 2007.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

In 2007 (sorry I missed that)
It is on Ribbon
Insert
Object
Text from File

"Trevauk" wrote in message
I have several word documents that i would like to join together to form 1
single word document.
Is there an easy way of doing this, like in Adobe Acrobat, without having
copy and paste everything.
I am using Word 2007.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trevauk Trevauk is offline

Hi Both

Thanks for the replys.

The documents are single word documents that vary from 1 to 4 pages long.
They are all formatted the same in A5 with the same custom margins and were
all created from a blank word document. They have been created by different
contributors to a newsletter I am compiling.
Some are all text whilst a few have pictures inserted in them. They are all
in Word 2003 format.
I am looking to merge them all into one document in the easiest and less
time consuming way possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Insert file 2003 (insert text which is a file) in 2007 work fine.

Graham's add-in is also good it shows a list of docs in a directory and you
pick the ones you want to insert into the active screen document.

I use a macro I wrote that does the same as Graham's add-in.

For future ease of use download Graham's add-in.

"Trevauk" wrote in message
Hi Both

Thanks for the replys.

The documents are single word documents that vary from 1 to 4 pages long.
They are all formatted the same in A5 with the same custom margins and
were
all created from a blank word document. They have been created by
different
contributors to a newsletter I am compiling.
Some are all text whilst a few have pictures inserted in them. They are
all
in Word 2003 format.
I am looking to merge them all into one document in the easiest and less
time consuming way possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trevauk Trevauk is offline

Many thanks Summer and Graham for your replies. I will download Grahams
add-in as from your description it does exactly what I am looking for.

Treva.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In the interests of fairness - I have to point out that it is not *my*
add-in, but is based on an obsolete add-in from Woody Leonard, brought up to
date to work with Word 2007 and adding the option to insert a new page
section break between each document.

"Trevauk" wrote in message
Hi Both

Thanks for the replys.

The documents are single word documents that vary from 1 to 4 pages
long. They are all formatted the same in A5 with the same custom
margins and were
all created from a blank word document. They have been created by
different
contributors to a newsletter I am compiling.
Some are all text whilst a few have pictures inserted in them. They
are all
in Word 2003 format.
I am looking to merge them all into one document in the easiest and
less time consuming way possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lyn Lyn is offline

I have several documents to merge so I downloaded boiler.dot. I printed the
readme file and followed the instructions. Unfortunately, I am doing
something wrong. I extracted the zip file to Office Startup and everything
seem to be OK, but when I clicked on boiler.dot tab in Word, it went to a
folder labeled "Copy" that was empty. I tried the process again and had the
same problems. I even tried to extract the file to add-ins and that didn't
work either. I am using Microsoft Office 2007.

As I am having such a terrible time, any additional guidance from anyone
will be GREATLY appreciated. I feel so silly that I can't get the process
figured out and I am at my wits end.

And thanks ro Mr. Mayor for his many contributions to Live Help.

Trevauk wrote:
I have several word documents that i would like to join together to
form 1 single word document.
Is there an easy way of doing this, like in Adobe Acrobat, without
having to copy and paste everything.
I am using Word 2007.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lyn Lyn is offline

Mr. Mayor,

First of all, thank you for your posting in Live Help. I have several
documents to merge so I found information and the link for boiler.dot. I
printed the readme file and followed the instructions. Unfortunately, I am
doing something wrong. I extracted the zip file to Office Startup and
everything seem to be OK, but when I clicked on boiler.dot tab in Word, it
went to a folder labeled "Copy" that was empty. I tried the process again
and had the same problems. I even tried to extract the file to add-ins and
that didn't work either. I am using Microsoft Office 2007.

As I am having such a terrible time, any additional guidance you can give me
will be GREATLY appreciated. I feel so silly that I can't get the process
figured out and I am at my wits end.

Thank you so much, Mr. Mayor, and again, thank you for your contributions to
Live Help.

lyn

Trevauk wrote:
I have several word documents that i would like to join together to
form 1 single word document.
Is there an easy way of doing this, like in Adobe Acrobat, without
having to copy and paste everything.
I am using Word 2007.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

When you start the macro, a dialog box opens with the title Copy. This
dialog is used to select the folder that contains the files you wish to
join. Select the folder then click OK. The userform will then be populated
with the files that folder contains.

Lyn wrote:
Mr. Mayor,

First of all, thank you for your posting in Live Help. I have several
documents to merge so I found information and the link for
boiler.dot. I printed the readme file and followed the instructions.
Unfortunately, I am doing something wrong. I extracted the zip file
to Office Startup and everything seem to be OK, but when I clicked on
boiler.dot tab in Word, it went to a folder labeled "Copy" that was
empty. I tried the process again and had the same problems. I even
tried to extract the file to add-ins and that didn't work either. I
am using Microsoft Office 2007.

As I am having such a terrible time, any additional guidance you can
give me will be GREATLY appreciated. I feel so silly that I can't

Trevauk wrote:
I have several word documents that i would like to join together to
form 1 single word document.
Is there an easy way of doing this, like in Adobe Acrobat, without
having to copy and paste everything.
I am using Word 2007.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I have just uploaded a revised version of the boiler.zip file which uses a
different folder selection dialog, which should make things even clearer.

Trevauk wrote:
I have several word documents that i would like to join together to
form 1 single word document.
Is there an easy way of doing this, like in Adobe Acrobat, without
having to copy and paste everything.
I am using Word 2007.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lyn Lyn is offline

I uploaded the revised version of boiler.zip and followed the process again.
This time, I had no problems. Thanks again!

Trevauk wrote:
I have several word documents that i would like to join together to
form 1 single word document.
Is there an easy way of doing this, like in Adobe Acrobat, without
having to copy and paste everything.
I am using Word 2007.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You are welcome

Lyn wrote:
Mr. Mayor,

First of all, thank you for your posting in Live Help. I have
several documents to merge so I found information and the link for
boiler.dot. I printed the readme file and followed the
instructions. Unfortunately, I am doing something wrong. I
extracted the zip file to Office Startup and everything seem to be
OK, but when I clicked on boiler.dot tab in Word, it went to a
folder labeled "Copy" that was empty. I tried the process again
and had the same problems. I even tried to extract the file to
add-ins and that didn't work either. I am using Microsoft Office
2007.

As I am having such a terrible time, any additional guidance you
can give me will be GREATLY appreciated. I feel so silly that I