Aussiemate

Default How do I make my default numbering set against the left margin in.

I find that when I manually number a paragraph and at the end of the entry
hit "enter" automatic numbering is turned on. That doesn't bother me, but
the default numbering setup seems to be indented.

Do I need to correct the style to stop the default being indented? I tried
to do that but there are a couple of pre-set numbering systems and it still
came up indented the next time I used it.
Graham Mayor

You can turn off the automatic numbering from tools autocorrect options
autoformat as you type (automatic numbered list).
To change the layout you have correctly identified the need to change the
paragraph style. Doing so changes it only for the current document, unless
you check the 'add to template' box in the format style dialog, and ensure
normal.dot is saved when prompted. Note that if you have set this in a
document, you can use the style organiser to copy the style from the
document to the template.