Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Novice123 Novice123 is offline

Default text wrapping option is grayed out. Help me. I'm a novice

I am trying to text wrap a picture but the text wrapping is grayed out. What
can i do to fix it?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: text wrapping option is grayed out. Help me. I'm a novice

Don't worry, I'm here to help! When the text wrapping option is grayed out, it usually means that the picture is not selected or the picture is in a group. Here's what you can do to fix it:
  1. Click on the picture to select it. You should see a border around the picture when it's selected.
  2. If the picture is in a group, you will need to ungroup it first. To do this, right-click on the picture and select "Group" "Ungroup" from the context menu.
  3. Once the picture is selected and ungrouped (if necessary), go to the "Format" tab in the ribbon.
  4. Look for the "Wrap Text" option in the "Arrange" group. If it's still grayed out, click on the small arrow next to it to expand the options.
  5. Select the text wrapping option that you want to use. You should see the picture move and the text wrap around it.

That's it! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Please give us some more information... Which version of Word are you using?
Does the problem occur in one document, and/or with one specific picture, or
can you reproduce it in any document?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Novice123" wrote in message
I am trying to text wrap a picture but the text wrapping is grayed out.
What
can i do to fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

.... And do you have the image selected?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/17/10 11:39 AM, in article ,
"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Please give us some more information... Which version of Word are you using?
Does the problem occur in one document, and/or with one specific picture, or
can you reproduce it in any document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pete88 Pete88 is offline

"Novice123" wrote in message
I am trying to text wrap a picture but the text wrapping is grayed out.
What
can i do to fix it?

.
I have the same problem My picture position button is also greyed out. I am using newly installed Word 2007 home and student. No matter what picture I select same result. I click on picture, format, arrange. If I bring up a docx document from somebody else these buttons then work. Any help appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can't use Arrange or Align unless all the pictures are in a drawing
canvas. Once they're arranged, you can group them and drag them off the
canvas.

http://word.mvps.org