Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Owl Owl is offline

Default Word Changes Decimal Point to a Comma in Dollar denominated Phrase

Any ideas how I can stop this? Probably an autocorrect?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi TedMi is offline

No, it's not Autocorrect. It has to do with Regional & Language settings,
because some European languages use a comma to separate integral/fractional
parts of decimal numbers. Check those settings in Contraol Panel, and also
check if your keyboard is set for a European language.
--
TedMi

Any ideas how I can stop this? Probably an autocorrect?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Owl Owl is offline

Default Word Changes Decimal Point to a Comma in Dollar denominated Ph

I did that, it says American English. ??

Any ideas how I can stop this? Probably an autocorrect?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?T3ds?=,

Any ideas how I can stop this? Probably an autocorrect?

How is this "Dollar denominated phrase" being
created/inserted? I know of nothing in AutoCorrect or the
language features that will change a decimal point as you
type. Something being inserted by code, or the result of a
field could be picking up system settings.

Did you check the settings for decimal, currency and
argument separators when you were looking in the Regional
settings? The defaults can be changed for a language,
individually.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Field, Numeric: decimal point AND comma format ? Lotiana Tables 8 March 10th 08 09:28 AM
Decimal point in the Zip code Joseph Worthington Mailmerge 2 August 8th 07 06:30 AM
decimal point Terry Tables 5 January 30th 07 08:48 AM
Decimal Point alignment notloiseweiss Tables 2 November 11th 05 08:43 PM
currency with auto decimal and comma separator in a table CMD@WTMA Tables 4 June 10th 05 02:27 PM