Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
41_West 41_West is offline

Default Editing Mail Merge Data

I find many times when working with mailmerge using "Word," that after
completing my data for the merge and saving it to file, that days afterwards
I am not able to edit the data or add more data to it and I can't understand
why.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Which version of Word?

Are you saving the data in a .mdb file?

What happens when you try to edit the data - are you able to open the
mail merge main document and see the existing data? If you are using
Word 2007, are you selecting the name of the data source file (lower
left of the Edit Recipients dialog box? If so, does the Edit button
remain greyed out?

Are you using anything else to open that file between one mailmerge
"session" and the next?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk