Blanchx5

Default tools options unavailable

In Word 2002, when I click on Tools and go to click on Options, options is
grayed out and I can't click on it. (Customize is also grayed out.) How do
I fix this so I can set options. Thanks.
Anne Troy

If this happens in a brand new document when you open Word, then likely,
you need to troubleshoot Word:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Blanchx5" wrote in message
In Word 2002, when I click on Tools and go to click on Options, options is
grayed out and I can't click on it. (Customize is also grayed out.) How
do
I fix this so I can set options. Thanks.

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Blanch,

Do you have a document open in Word? Some of the options are document specific and the Options dialog isn't available unless a
document is present.

If you're in a business environment it's possible that your Administrator has elected to turn off certain features as well.

========
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Help Wanted

Have you received a reply for this problem. I don't even have the Customize
option on my Toold command.
--
Mille Grazie

"Blanchx5" wrote:

In Word 2002, when I click on Tools and go to click on Options, options is
grayed out and I can't click on it. (Customize is also grayed out.) How do
I fix this so I can set options. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

There are two replies. Expand the thread and you should see them.

Do you have a document open when you try and use the Tools menu? Unless
there is at least one active document, some of the features on that menu are
disabled.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Tools - Options CG Microsoft Word Help 6 October 24th 05 02:52 AM
Tools menu is missing OPTIONS (word 2003) CondorLB Microsoft Word Help 2 October 5th 05 03:24 PM
remove the 98 mail merge options from the tools menu! whartonmatt Mailmerge 1 April 16th 05 04:10 PM
on the tools - options - user info Mayfly New Users 5 April 8th 05 04:57 PM
options from tools... gotscrewd Microsoft Word Help 1 February 4th 05 01:24 AM