Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bryan

Default duplex printing

I am using Word 2003 and a Kyocera 1920D (Duplex option added)

When printing a 20 page booklet the reverse side of the print comes out
upside down. Can anyone help me and point me in the right direction

Many thanks

Bryan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Check your printer properties to see if there's an option to control the
orientation of the second side. Otherwise, you'll have to duplex manually
and flip the paper as needed before printing the second side.

"Bryan" wrote in message
news
I am using Word 2003 and a Kyocera 1920D (Duplex option added)

When printing a 20 page booklet the reverse side of the print comes out
upside down. Can anyone help me and point me in the right direction

Many thanks

Bryan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Swami

I have this same printer and do this operation all the time. And as Suzanne
says, that facility is in the printer driver and page set up. You need to
set the "Flip on Short Side" Option (if portrait), or "Flip on Long Side"
(if landscape). Otherwise, there are some great booklet printing programs
like my favourite "Fineprint" which automate tricky layouts in lots of
creative ways and take into account your duplexing printer's idiosyncrasies.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Check your printer properties to see if there's an option to control the
orientation of the second side. Otherwise, you'll have to duplex manually
and flip the paper as needed before printing the second side.

so
all may benefit.

"Bryan" wrote in message
news
I am using Word 2003 and a Kyocera 1920D (Duplex option added)

When printing a 20 page booklet the reverse side of the print comes out
upside down. Can anyone help me and point me in the right direction

Many thanks

Bryan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Thanks, Swami. I figured that a duplex printer must have some such control.

"Swami" wrote in message
I have this same printer and do this operation all the time. And as

Suzanne
says, that facility is in the printer driver and page set up. You need to
set the "Flip on Short Side" Option (if portrait), or "Flip on Long Side"
(if landscape). Otherwise, there are some great booklet printing programs
like my favourite "Fineprint" which automate tricky layouts in lots of
creative ways and take into account your duplexing printer's

idiosyncrasies.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Check your printer properties to see if there's an option to control the
orientation of the second side. Otherwise, you'll have to duplex

manually
and flip the paper as needed before printing the second side.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Bryan" wrote in message
news
I am using Word 2003 and a Kyocera 1920D (Duplex option added)

When printing a 20 page booklet the reverse side of the print comes out
upside down. Can anyone help me and point me in the right direction

Many thanks

Bryan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bryan

Thanks for your speedy responses. Much Appreciated.

Even with Fineprint I am still getting the same problem. If anymore
suggestions please do not hesitate.

My next option is to throw the lot out of the window as I have already
chopped down a forest with the paper I have used (Ha Ha !!)

"Swami" wrote:

I have this same printer and do this operation all the time. And as Suzanne
says, that facility is in the printer driver and page set up. You need to
set the "Flip on Short Side" Option (if portrait), or "Flip on Long Side"
(if landscape). Otherwise, there are some great booklet printing programs
like my favourite "Fineprint" which automate tricky layouts in lots of
creative ways and take into account your duplexing printer's idiosyncrasies.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Check your printer properties to see if there's an option to control the
orientation of the second side. Otherwise, you'll have to duplex manually
and flip the paper as needed before printing the second side.

so
all may benefit.

"Bryan" wrote in message
news
I am using Word 2003 and a Kyocera 1920D (Duplex option added)

When printing a 20 page booklet the reverse side of the print comes out
upside down. Can anyone help me and point me in the right direction

Many thanks

Bryan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bryan

Thanks again I have managed to solve the problem with Fineprint. More by luck
than judgement.
Within Fineprint their is a setup wizard that runs various tests on your
printer to determine capabilities.

If anyone else has these problems then try running it, it has solved my for
the time being

"Swami" wrote:

I have this same printer and do this operation all the time. And as Suzanne
says, that facility is in the printer driver and page set up. You need to
set the "Flip on Short Side" Option (if portrait), or "Flip on Long Side"
(if landscape). Otherwise, there are some great booklet printing programs
like my favourite "Fineprint" which automate tricky layouts in lots of
creative ways and take into account your duplexing printer's idiosyncrasies.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Check your printer properties to see if there's an option to control the
orientation of the second side. Otherwise, you'll have to duplex manually
and flip the paper as needed before printing the second side.

so
all may benefit.

"Bryan" wrote in message
news I am using Word 2003 and a Kyocera 1920D (Duplex option added)

When printing a 20 page booklet the reverse side of the print comes out
upside down. Can anyone help me and point me in the right direction

Many thanks

Bryan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Swami

Yep, sorry .... forgot to mention the partially hidden wizard ...But beware
...... The Fineprint set up wizard will only set up correctly AFTER you have
set up the Kyocera's print driver to print the duplexing orientation of the
word doc the way you want. You (or another user who changes the printer's
settings for a different job) can inadvertently flip-orientate and reverse
the layouts so Fineprint spews it out all wrong (even though you had it
right last time you used it!! Grrrr). So, the best thing, if you do this
kind of layout frequently, is to always save your Word doc AND your
Fineprint file as templates for quick and correct print layouts in the
future. Comprendez?????