Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ah ah is offline

Default place in a reference into a form's field

Can anyone guide me on how to place in a reference into a form's field?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Perhaps if you were to proof-read your question, and re-phrase it a little
more clearly ...? Place *what* in a reference?

"ah" wrote in message
news
Can anyone guide me on how to place in a reference into a form's field?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ah ah is offline

Thanks for your reply.

For your information, I've a form with the following form's field:
Field 1: 1st name
Field 2: Middle name
Field 3: last name

In order to combine the 1st, middle and last name together, I've tried to
perform the following:

I've created a bookmark called "name" for the above fields(Field 1, Field 2
& Field 3)

Then, I created a reference as follows:
{name}

I've protected the form after the above is done. However, after the form is
being protected, I did not manage to copy the reference contents. It is
essential for me to copy the reference contents into my online system as the
reference managed to combine the 1st, middle and last name together. Please
advice how can i go about it? Or do you have any other better solutions to
this?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Perhaps if you were to proof-read your question, and re-phrase it a little
more clearly ...? Place *what* in a reference?

"ah" wrote in message
news
Can anyone guide me on how to place in a reference into a form's field?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

For each of the form fields, set the "Calculate on exit" option (in
the Text Form Field Options dialog box); this will force the
cross-reference to update.

Note, however, that you don't need to manually bookmark your form
fields, because the fields create bookmarks automatically, using
standard names (which you can change via the Text Form Field Options
dialog
box), and these can be cross-referenced directly.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

"Jezebel" wrote:

Perhaps if you were to proof-read your question, and re-phrase it

a little
more clearly ...? Place *what* in a reference?

news