Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TPoFE TPoFE is offline

Default Blue Background / White Text Word 2007 Beta

My boss is using the new Word 2007 Beta and wants to know if there is a way
to set it up to use Blue Background and White Text for the basic typing as
oppossed to the defult White Background / Black text.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For Word 2007 the DOS WordPerfect v5.0 compatability setting of White text on blue background has been removed by Microsoft. The
'paper' color can be changed by modifying the Windows display appearance settings.

==========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Tell him to buy a copy of Word Perfect for DOS or get his spectacles
replaced.

TPoFE wrote:
My boss is using the new Word 2007 Beta and wants to know if there is
a way to set it up to use Blue Background and White Text for the
basic typing as oppossed to the defult White Background / Black text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Flash2007 Flash2007 is offline

Bob ... are you serious?! WHY did Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom,
eliminate such a useful option? They're CRAZY!

You mentioned that "the 'paper' color can be changed by modifying the
Windows display appearance settings." But I need more detailed instructions
than that. I want just MS Word to have blue background and white text, not
my other programs such as Outlook, etc. So, could you please send
step-by-step "click on this, then that" instructions to set Word up so that
my DEFAULT page comes up every time with white text on the blue background
that we all came to know and love in earlier Word versions? PLEASE??
--
Flash2007

"TPoFE" wrote in message ...

My boss is using the new Word 2007 Beta and wants to know if there is a way
to set it up to use Blue Background and White Text for the basic typing as
oppossed to the defult White Background / Black text.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ADH ADH is offline

Tell Me, Tell Me !!????
The guy is right! Why elliminate that usefull option?!!

Should MS continue offending their custimers and users?
What's the heck!??
--
Thanks
ADH

TPoFE wrote:
My boss is using the new Word 2007 Beta and wants to know if there is
a way to set it up to use Blue Background and White Text for the
basic typing as oppossed to the defult White Background / Black text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Flash2007 Flash2007 is offline

Sorry to report, Microsoft has been totally silent regarding their decision
to remove the "white text on blue background" option. Other "experts" on
Office 2007 claim that Microsoft claimed that few people were using that
option, so, to save support issues, they simply eliminated it! What
Microsoft (and others) fail to understand is that the major reason that many
Word users never used this option is BECAUSE THEY HID IT SO WELL IN THE
OPTIONS tabs, so most folks never even knew the option was available! ALL of
the folks that *I* showed it to loved it! Alas, unless others pipe up about
this, we're likely to never see it again. ;-((
--
Flash2007

TPoFE wrote:
My boss is using the new Word 2007 Beta and wants to know if there is
a way to set it up to use Blue Background and White Text for the
basic typing as oppossed to the defult White Background / Black text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

According to
http://www.microsoft.com/japan/techn....mspx?mfr=true,
"This feature, included in previous versions of Word to emulate legacy
versions of WordPerfect, is no longer used."

TPoFE wrote:
My boss is using the new Word 2007 Beta and wants to know if there is
a way to set it up to use Blue Background and White Text for the
basic typing as oppossed to the defult White Background / Black text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Flash2007 Flash2007 is offline

I had a thought ... someone make an "add-on" and sell it! I'd gladly pay (a
reasonable price) for it. In years to come, my eyes would be very thankful.
Anyone out there know how to do such a thing? (Is it even CONCEIVABLE that a
macro, or something like that, could be developed to do that, and offered for
sale?)
--
Flash2007

TPoFE wrote:
My boss is using the new Word 2007 Beta and wants to know if there is
a way to set it up to use Blue Background and White Text for the
basic typing as oppossed to the defult White Background / Black text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kay M Kay M is offline

I also miss the easier-on-the-eyes blue background/white text option,
apparently no longer available in the Office 2007 products. Also, the font
size of the ribbon items is apparently unchangeable. Whatever are they
thinking?

TPoFE wrote:
My boss is using the new Word 2007 Beta and wants to know if there is
a way to set it up to use Blue Background and White Text for the
basic typing as oppossed to the defult White Background / Black text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Firefly88 Firefly88 is offline

Well, here we are, a year-and-a-half later, and combing through the comments
on this issue I still can't find an answer to the sane request below, much
less to the question of why the hell they did this! Has there been any new
and helpful information about this problem?

"TPoFE" wrote in message ...

My boss is using the new Word 2007 Beta and wants to know if there is a way
to set it up to use Blue Background and White Text for the basic typing as
oppossed to the defult White Background / Black text.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Have a look at Option 2 in
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...-edition1.aspx.
It shows how to display green text on a black background; just replace
"black" with "blue" and "green" with "white" in the instructions.

It won't completely replace the original white-on-blue setting, but it will
let you compose text in that view.

As for "why", I don't know. I have my suspicions, but I'm not about to write
them down.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman