Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shari Shari is offline

Default I want to move the footer when copying and pasting

Usint Word 2003 I type documents from dictation. I type them all in one
document but then need to separate them into there own individual documents
and rename them. When I select, copy, and paste, however, the footer does
not follow.

Is there a way to select all information so that it follows to make its own
document?
--
~Shari
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Shari

One way to do this is to save the whole document using the new file name,
and then delete the parts you don't want.

A better way is to create a template that suits your needs, and then, when
you come to do each part of the dictation, create a new document from your
template. That will be much faster than any process of selecting, copying
and pasting existing text into new documents.

For some info about creating a new template, see
Creating a Template - The Basics (Part I)
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart1.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Shari" wrote in message
Usint Word 2003 I type documents from dictation. I type them all in one
document but then need to separate them into there own individual
documents
and rename them. When I select, copy, and paste, however, the footer does
not follow.

Is there a way to select all information so that it follows to make its
own
document?
--
~Shari

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shari Shari is offline

Hi Shauna,

I do have a template specifically for this; however, since I use the same
template for multiple documents, I have to take the time save after each
document to re-use the template. Since it is faster to type it all in the
one template and rename later, I thought there might be a faster way to
separate and transfer while bringing everything, including footers, into the
new document to rename.
--
~Shari

"Shari" wrote in message
Usint Word 2003 I type documents from dictation. I type them all in one
document but then need to separate them into there own individual
documents
and rename them. When I select, copy, and paste, however, the footer does
not follow.

Is there a way to select all information so that it follows to make its
own
document?
--
~Shari

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Shauna is referring to a "real" Word template (a .dot file); see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm. If you use
the same template for multiple *types* of documents, then you need to have
multiple templates. Otherwise, a single template should meet your needs.