Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aneasiertomorrow aneasiertomorrow is offline

Default Find missing a word

Hi there

Someone has told me that in a particular file when they search for a word
Word doesn't see it - they pdf-ed the document and could find it then. My
suggestion was that they had something in the More bit activated (e.g. match
case or some formatting) but they swear no. Is there anything else that could
cause this? For example I know spellcheck skips stuff in fields if you're not
concentrating...

Lucy
--
MOS Master Instructor
www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au

If this post answered your question please let us know as others may be
interested too
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes... if the document contains tracked changes that are not displayed, it
can prevent Find from finding words that contain embedded corrections.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"aneasiertomorrow" wrote in
message ...
Hi there

Someone has told me that in a particular file when they search for a word
Word doesn't see it - they pdf-ed the document and could find it then. My
suggestion was that they had something in the More bit activated (e.g.
match
case or some formatting) but they swear no. Is there anything else that
could
cause this? For example I know spellcheck skips stuff in fields if you're
not
concentrating...

Lucy
--
MOS Master Instructor
www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au

If this post answered your question please let us know as others may be
interested too

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aneasiertomorrow aneasiertomorrow is offline

Aha! Knew there would be someting tricksy going on.
Thank you very much for the quick response. I heart discussion groups :-)

Lucy