Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
A.Northrop A.Northrop is offline

Default Word 2007, label mailmerge alignment

When I use the mailmerge for labels in Word 2007 the default format for the
labels is "Normal" with double spaced lines in the addresses. This causes
some addresses to be cut off, unless I decrease the font down to 9, which is
too small. If I "select all", and then choose "Normal, no spacing" the
addresses jump up to the left corner in each label. This causes problems
with alignment for printing. For further complications, I have to save these
labels as "Word 97-2003 document" for a client to use. In order to get
labels to print well I spend time tweaking with line spacing, etc. to get the
labels right for printing. I have yet to be able to find a way to merge
labels in Word 2007 without all this re-aligning and line-space manipulating.
Any advice? Thank you! ANorthrop
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you are using the AddressBlock, instead of doing that, insert the
individual mergefields in the configuration that you want them. You should
only need to do this in the first label of the mail merge main document and
then when you replicate the fields from that label to the other labels on
the sheet, the configuration that you established should be maintained. In
other words, if any tweaking is necessary, it will only have to be done once
in the mail merge main document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"A.Northrop" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
A.Northrop A.Northrop is offline

Thanks for your suggestion. I wasn't using the address block, and have
always inserted individually, but I have finally set up a "master" mailmerge
main document. In order to have the addresses fit, I use the "no spacing"
style and then drop the addresses down one line to fit within the cells.
With this I'll just swap out the attached Excel list as needed. ANorthrop

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

If you are using the AddressBlock, instead of doing that, insert the
individual mergefields in the configuration that you want them. You should
only need to do this in the first label of the mail merge main document and
then when you replicate the fields from that label to the other labels on
the sheet, the configuration that you established should be maintained. In
other words, if any tweaking is necessary, it will only have to be done once
in the mail merge main document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.