Joe

Default How do I change the document that Words starts with?

I am having problems with the file system in Word. I cannot find the .dot
files on my hard drive. The location that the program gives are just not
there.

My main problem is that I can't change the template that Word opens with.
Also, I would like to be able to just click on the new doc icon and get the
template that I use most often.... i.e., letterhead.dot

HELP!
Graham Mayor

Two separate issues here

1. Normal.dot - the default template - is a hidden file in the folder
indicated at tools options file locations.
2. You cannot replace normal.dot with your letter head template. You can
start Word with your letterhead template by right clicking the file in
Windows Explorer, dragging and dropping to the desktop to create a shortcut.
You can replace the File New button with the FileNewDialog command (Tools
customize all commands) and get rid of the startup taskpane
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...owTaskPane.htm