Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
joann joann is offline

Default Table formatting messed up when pasted into some docs

Sometimes when I paste a table into some documents, the left margin of each
cell shifts to the right throughout the entire pasted table & tabs are added.

I don't always have this problem when I paste this particular table, only
sometimes. It works fine in some docs & strange in others.

I am using W2003 & am not using the built in table styles.

Any one have any idea why this would happen & how I can resolve this?

I seem able to manually adjust it but the fix is temporary. If I apply a
style to the cells, it will slide back over the way it was. Sometimes other
tables (already in the doc) seem fine; other times some other tables in the
doc have the same problem.

Thanks

--
JoAnn
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
joann joann is offline

For anyone else out there who encountered this problem ... a co-worker
discovered that the Table Grid style's format settings caused this.

Changing the Table Grid Paragraph formatting fixed the problem:
* Change Alignment from justified to left
* Set Before Text to 0

--
JoAnn