Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jackie D Jackie D is offline

Default Using borders in tables in 2003

Hi

I want to create a single column table that has a dotted border or line on
every other row. I thought by copying and pasting a 'set' of two rows (with a
dotted line followed by a solid line) I could simply fill an A4 sheet with
this style. But copying and pasting just gives me two rows all with full
borders. Can anyone help?

--
Jackie D
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc Luc is offline

Jackie D,
When you paste (in the empty paragraph beneath the table), there should be a
tiny little button appearing called the paste options button. Click on it
and choose to keep the formatting of the original table. Then hit F4 as many
times as you like till the page is full. Does this help?
--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
Hi

I want to create a single column table that has a dotted border or line on
every other row. I thought by copying and pasting a 'set' of two rows
(with a
dotted line followed by a solid line) I could simply fill an A4 sheet with
this style. But copying and pasting just gives me two rows all with full
borders. Can anyone help?

--
Jackie D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jackie D Jackie D is offline

Does it help? Does it ever! You've saved me hours of precious time!

Thank you!
--
Jackie D

"Luc" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jackie D Jackie D is offline

Luc

Maybe you could help with another annoying thing happening in tables?

When I cut and paste from one table to another how do I force the 'imported'
text to retain the text formatting of the table it's being pasted into? At
the moment my new text is appearing in italics even though neither tables are
formatted in italics. I've got track changes selected on the table I'm
cutting text from, if this is the cause.
--
Jackie D

"Luc" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc Luc is offline

Jackie,
Tested it here, only have a problem when I cut from a table and paste in a
table with track changes on.
Which seems to be the opposite of what you are experiencing.
Normally I use the unformatted text option from the Paste Options button
when I move or copy text from one to the other.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"Luc" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rich57 Rich57 is offline

I use Paste Special to do this. When the selection dialog pops up, choose
Unformatted text. The prevailing target document style is applied to the
pasted text.

Richard

Tables in WRD 2003 Jackie D Tables 10 November 8th 06 08:21 AM
2003 -- Are *very* large tables still an issue Lori Tables 1 May 26th 06 04:29 AM
Word 2003 - Tables performance [email protected] Tables 2 July 29th 05 01:49 AM
Strange Behavior with Tables in Word 2003 Jameseee Tables 3 July 26th 05 03:19 PM
How do I make borders of tables dissappear for readers? brown sugar Tables 2 January 8th 05 08:58 PM