Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jamie[_2_] Jamie[_2_] is offline

Default "Resize autoshape to fit text" not working

Hi all,

This has been a recurring problem for me, but I haven't had any luck
finding anyone else with the same problem: I have text-boxes in a
document which I would like to be sized to fit the text inside them.
I have the "word wrap" and 'resize autoshape to fit text" boxes
checked, but it is acting as if I had "resize autoshape to fit text"
unchecked.

I have been fiddling around and can't find a clue of why it's acting
so strangely. Any ideas?

Jamie.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Try renaming the blank document template (normal.dot), with Word closed, and
then start Word again. Do the text boxes work correctly in a newly created
document? If they do, the following should work to fix each old document:
Create a new blank document. In the problem document, press Ctrl+A, press
Shift+Left arrow (this selects the whole document except for the final
paragraph mark), then press Ctrl+C to copy it to the clipboard. In the newly
created document, press Ctrl+V to paste clipboard contents. Save the file.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP