Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RogerC RogerC is offline

Default Combine Header Row Repeat and Section Breaks in table?

I would like to protect the header row of my table so that users cannot enter
those cells. I also need my header row to repeat on subsequent pages if the
table rows extend to multiiple pages (the user may cause this by entering a
lot of data in the table). The probelm is, if I create a Section Break
under the header row for the purpose of applying protection, the Header Row
Repeat no longer works for subsequent pages because Word treats the first row
as if it is a seperate table. Can anyone think of a work-around?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I don't believe there is a workaround, except perhaps to put the headings in
the page header and protect the header (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...lusHeader.htm).