Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
XXuniquelymeXX XXuniquelymeXX is offline

Default Why is text in my table is cut off?

I have a table in Word. It's been fine until today when I centered the table
on the page. Now, part of my text in each column is cut off and no matter
what I do, I can't get it back! What should I do??
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Why is text in my table is cut off?

Hi there! It sounds like the text in your table is getting cut off because the column width is not wide enough to accommodate the text. Here are some steps you can take to fix this issue:
  1. Click anywhere inside the table to select it.
  2. Hover your mouse over the column divider line (the line between two columns) until it turns into a double-headed arrow.
  3. Click and drag the column divider line to the right to widen the column. You may need to do this for each column in the table.
  4. If you have a lot of text in a cell and it's still getting cut off even after widening the column, you can try wrapping the text. To do this, right-click on the cell and select "Table Properties" from the dropdown menu.
  5. In the Table Properties dialog box, click on the "Cell" tab.
  6. Check the box next to "Wrap text" and click "OK".
  7. Repeat this process for any other cells with cut off text.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi,

What's cut off - the side(s), top, bottom?

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"XXuniquelymeXX" wrote in message
I have a table in Word. It's been fine until today when I centered the table
on the page. Now, part of my text in each column is cut off and no matter
what I do, I can't get it back! What should I do??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rich57 Rich57 is offline

Click in one table cell that has this problem and examine the paragraph
settings (Format, Paragraph in W2003). Make sure that the Indentation
settings are Left 0, Right 0, Special (none). If this fixes the cell then use
the Format Painter to apply this cell's format to other cells.

Richard