Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dennis Parrish Dennis Parrish is offline

Default drag and drop text has stopped working

Ability to drag and drop text has suddenly stopped working in Word 2003. The
drag and drop editing box is checked in Tools/Options/Edit.

Any suggestions to help solve this is greatly appreciated.

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Dennis,

Ability to drag and drop text has suddenly stopped working in Word 2003. The
drag and drop editing box is checked in Tools/Options/Edit.

Whenever this has come up in these groups during the last year or so, it's
turned out to be third-party software interfering with Word. If you start
Windows in "Safe Mode" can you drag-and-drop successfully?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dennis Parrish Dennis Parrish is offline

Hi Cindy - thank you so much for replying. I actually asked about this for a
friend of mine who had just emailed me last night saying that as mysteriously
stopped working, it has started working again. She went about 2 weeks
without it working. If it happens again, I'll inform her how to post in here
directly. I'll also tell her about the possibility of 3rd party software
affecting that function. Thanks again !
Dennis

Hi Dennis,