nospaminlich

Default Create an image from a table

I've created a table in Word with text and pictures in various cells.

I'd like to save the table as a picture somehow so I can use it in a range
of documents. In Excel you can use Shift - Edit - Copy Picture on selected
cells but there doesn't seem to be an alternative in Word.

Any help would be much appreciated
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Create an image from a table

Yes, you can definitely save a table in Word as an image. Here's how:
  1. Select the table you want to save as an image.
  2. Right-click on the selected table and choose "Copy" or press "Ctrl+C" on your keyboard.
  3. Open a new or existing document in Microsoft Paint or any other image editing software.
  4. Right-click on the blank canvas and choose "Paste" or press "Ctrl+V" on your keyboard.
  5. The table will appear as an image in the software.
  6. Adjust the size and position of the image as needed.
  7. Save the image as a JPEG, PNG, or any other image file format.

Alternatively, you can also use the "Save as Picture" option in Word to directly save the table as an image. Here's how:
  1. Select the table you want to save as an image.
  2. Right-click on the selected table and choose "Save as Picture".
  3. Choose the file format you want to save the image as (JPEG, PNG, etc.).
  4. Choose the location where you want to save the image and click "Save".

That's it! You now have your table saved as an image that you can use in any document or presentation.
__________________
Stefan Blom

You can save the table as an AutoText entry; that way, you'll be able to
re-use it in future documents.

To quickly create an AutoText entry: Select the table. On the Insert
menu, click AutoText, and then click New. Type a name and click OK. This
saves the AutoText in the Normal template, so that you can use it from
any document (regardless of template).

If you want to be able to pick a specific open template to store the
AutoText in, use the InsertAutoTextAutoText dialog box.

See detailed information at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"nospaminlich" wrote in message
I've created a table in Word with text and pictures in various cells.

I'd like to save the table as a picture somehow so I can use it in a

range
of documents. In Excel you can use Shift - Edit - Copy Picture on

selected
cells but there doesn't seem to be an alternative in Word.

Any help would be much appreciated

nospaminlich

Thanks a lot Stefan.

Having reread my original post I amfaid I didn't make myself very clear. I
actually want to use the picture of my table in different applications not
just Word.

I know I can use the Print Screen button and crop the picture but that seems
very clunky and I was hoping for a slicker solution.

Thanks again

Anne Troy

You can just copy, then Edit--Paste special, as a picture, in virtually any
application, though you might want to do it in Word and save it there, so
you can copy it later.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"nospaminlich" wrote in message
I've created a table in Word with text and pictures in various cells.

I'd like to save the table as a picture somehow so I can use it in a range
of documents. In Excel you can use Shift - Edit - Copy Picture on
selected
cells but there doesn't seem to be an alternative in Word.

Any help would be much appreciated

Stefan Blom

Using EditPaste Special as suggested by Anne Troy would be a better
approach in this particular case, though.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP