Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Skip in NC Skip in NC is offline

Default Grammar choices won't stay "fixed"

I often choose to ignore items that the program marks as grammatically
incorrect, telling the program to ignore once. It works as long as I'm
working on the document, but if I close and re-open the document the same
grammar markings are there again, and I have to do the same work all over. Is
there a way to make the program realize that once I've approved an "error"
not to mark it again?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Skip in NC[_2_] Skip in NC[_2_] is offline

Thanks for your suggestion. the problem is that if I disable the rule, then
the grammar checker is useless with respect to that rule for the rest of the
document. For example, while I might decide that use of the passive voice is
OK in one situation, I still might like other inadvertant uses of passive
voice to be pointed out to me. It seems to me that in Word 2003 it would
remember specific choices and not suggest them again, as seems to be the case
for spelling. Is grammar different from spellng check in this regard?

"st" wrote:

"Skip in NC" Skip in сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее: ...
I often choose to ignore items that the program marks as grammatically
incorrect, telling the program to ignore once. It works as long as I'm
working on the document, but if I close and re-open the document the same
grammar markings are there again, and I have to do the same work all over. Is
there a way to make the program realize that once I've approved an "error"
not to mark it again?

You should specifically disable the rule applied in Grammar and Style options

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

That's the way it has worked for me. 'Skip grammar' rule only remembers your
choice whilst you have that document open.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP