Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sjnet sjnet is offline

Default Bookmarks, TOC fields, PageRef fields disappear after print previe

Whenever I print preview or print a Word document containing a Table of
Contents, Page references (using styles) or bookmarks that I have inserted
and named, all of them disappear. When I select Insert -- bookmark (show
hidden bookmarks) all that appear are the defunct _toc fields. The field
codes retain the names they were assigned (PAGEREF _Ref***) or the bookmark
name I assigned, but the bookmarks can't be found.
I presume this is a bug, but I am using Word 2003 SP2 and cannot find any
information about this. Are there workarounds? Can bookmarks be locked
without preventing field result updating? I have now turned off 'update
fields' and 'update links' from the printing options, but I don't know if
this will solve the problem, and there certainly should be a better solution.
Thanks for any assistance or ideas.