Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
WhoSentYou WhoSentYou is offline
Junior Member

Default How do I create magnetic poetry style boxes around Words?

Hi there,

I'm working on a special book of the correspondence I've had over the years with my wife, as a gift for her.**

I had an idea to include a magnetic poem I once wrote for her - you know, with those little squares and rectangles with words that you can stick on the fridge?* The poem loses most of its charm if I just transcribe it into words, to the point that it's not worth including that way.**

I can't print images in that section of the book, but I'm wondering whether I might be able to recreate the blocks around the words to give them the "magnetic poem" effect.* Sort of like this (this isn't my poem; just an example):

https://imgur.com/5mNt2MI

But translated into boxes surrounding the words on Word.* Are there different ways/approaches in which I could achieve this?

I noticed there's a feature called "Insert - text box" and tried that, but it creates a huge box that I then have to manually shape, and it seems like if I'm writing a lot of words and each have to be surrounded by a box of more or less the same proportions/width around each word, this would be a nightmare.* Is there a way for a box to just appear around what I'm writing and adjust to the space of it, or even as I type?

It would also be great to be able to add shadows to the box for effect.

Any insight would be really appreciated; thanks so much!