Terry724

Default How do I unprotect a form if it won't highlight on toolbar?

I created and protected a template then found that when I tested it, the
option button does not work. I tried to unprotect it to attempt reformatting
and am unable to do so (the "unprotect document" area will not highlight). I
also checked in "Properties" and do not see anything obviously wrong. The
template is in table form. What else can I try?
Graham Mayor

If by 'option button' you mean the options button on the forms toolbar, then
no this is not available when the form is protected. Click the padlock on
the forms toolbar to unprotect it. You should then be able to select options
from the toolbar (or by double clicking the form field).

Terry724 wrote:
I created and protected a template then found that when I tested it,
the option button does not work. I tried to unprotect it to attempt
reformatting and am unable to do so (the "unprotect document" area
will not highlight). I also checked in "Properties" and do not see
anything obviously wrong. The template is in table form. What else
can I try?

Terry724

Thank you for your answer. However, I guess I wasn't clear enough about the
problem. I created an option button field so someone could click it to
indicate an answer to a question. When I tested it neither of the two choices
would work, so I tried to unprotect the form to redo that section of the
template. Both the control toolbox and forms task bars were grayed out except
for the properties and view code areas on the control toolbox, and the form
field shading on the forms taskbars. The padlock is also grayed out so I am
unable to unprotect the form. Also, when I click option button 1 or 2 on the
properties task bar I DO get a field that will allow me to expand the shading
but nothing else...and nothing else will change. When I test the form,
everything else works as it should (calculations etc.). The only things that
do not work are the response option fields. I hope this provides a little
more detail and that you can help once again.
Thank you.
Terry

Can't protect my form BCBC Tables 2 May 17th 05 09:18 PM
macro doesn't work when I unprotect form mary Formatting Long Documents 1 May 3rd 05 07:35 PM
Word opens form in design view jbulick Microsoft Word Help 1 April 18th 05 11:10 PM
Enter data in 1 text form field & have multiple locations fill Lee Microsoft Word Help 1 March 16th 05 10:56 PM
scanned in a form want to ad text to the form can not take off t. jkse Microsoft Word Help 1 March 4th 05 07:23 PM