Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dkv0942 dkv0942 is offline

Default Insert a PDF into WORD document

I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007.
I'm creating a manual.
I need to insert a multi-page PDF document into the manual AND then print
the WORD document with the PDF expanded.
I can insert the PDF, the first page is shown and when I double-click the
PDF is open in my pdf reader. But when I print the WORD document all I get is
the first page of the pdf.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You cannot insert an object of more than one page in Word. You will need to
insert each page of the PDF separately.

http://word.mvps.org

"dkv0942" wrote in message
I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007.
I'm creating a manual.
I need to insert a multi-page PDF document into the manual AND then print
the WORD document with the PDF expanded.
I can insert the PDF, the first page is shown and when I double-click the
PDF is open in my pdf reader. But when I print the WORD document all I get
is
the first page of the pdf.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Compare document don't show changes Compare document don't show changes is offline

I don't know about you, but when I insert a PDF in a Word job, it is very
hard to read, especially if you have numbers or charts. What I do is change
my PDF to a JPEG file and insert a "picture". It looks just like the
original.

"dkv0942" wrote:

I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007.
I'm creating a manual.
I need to insert a multi-page PDF document into the manual AND then print
the WORD document with the PDF expanded.
I can insert the PDF, the first page is shown and when I double-click the
PDF is open in my pdf reader. But when I print the WORD document all I get is
the first page of the pdf.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No matter how you do this, you can't get around the problem that automation
objects in Word are always limited to one page; they can't expand across the
page edge.

What you can do is insert the PDF object as an icon (embedded or linked).
Click the link to show the full PDF file.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dkv0942" wrote:

I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007.
I'm creating a manual.
I need to insert a multi-page PDF document into the manual AND then print
the WORD document with the PDF expanded.
I can insert the PDF, the first page is shown and when I double-click the
PDF is open in my pdf reader. But when I print the WORD document all I
get is
the first page of the pdf.

wendit01 wendit01 is offline
Junior Member

You can insert multiple pages from a PDF into Word using Insert_PDFs (to Word) from http://www.OfficeExpander.com
This works right from Word (Office 2000-2010) using an Insert PDFs button. There is a free version that inserts a couple of pages from a PDF. You can also resize all the inserted images.
Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkv0942 View Post
I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007.
I'm creating a manual.
I need to insert a multi-page PDF document into the manual AND then print
the WORD document with the PDF expanded.
I can insert the PDF, the first page is shown and when I double-click the
PDF is open in my pdf reader. But when I print the WORD document all I get is
the first page of the pdf.
selenaoh123 selenaoh123 is offline
Junior Member

Use a PDF to image converter to convert watermelon game each page of the PDF into an image format like JPEG or PNG. There are online tools and desktop applications available for this purpose.